Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
I say these are easy, and they are, but they have to be one of the most melt in the mouth, hit the spot cakes you can get. Yet so simple to make. I’ve had supermarket versions of these and they just aren’t the same. Even the luxury food supermarkets. Something is lacking. Or maybe there are too many added extras.
- 100g butter cut into small pieces so it melts evenly
- 75g golden syrup
- 200g milk chocolate, broken up (Cadbury’s Dairy Milk is the only one I use.)
- 150g cornflakes (or rice krispies if you prefer)
- Place the butter, syrup and chocolate altogether in a heavy based saucepan (or microwavable bowl) melt gently and stir.If melting in the microwave put in for half a minute at a time, then stir, you don’t want to end up with burnt chocolate.
- Once melted, take off heat and pour in the cornflakes/rice krispies
- Stir and coat all the cornflakes/krispies.
- Spoon into cupcake cases. (If you have no cases grease a tin with butter. You don’t even need a tin, you could use a bowl. There are no rules here.)
- Let set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
And that’s it. Easy.