Ginger & All-Bran Cookies
I have adapted the recipe from the original over the years – but not much. I’ve added more ginger and cook them for slightly less at a reduced temperature as I found them to be too hard previously. Now they are chewy and deliciously moreish.
I haven’t put the recipe in grams as I’ve never made it in grams and wouldn’t want to get my conversions wrong. Most scales now have both measurements on.
As well as scales, you will need a greased baking tray, a saucepan to melt the butter (or microwave), and a mixing bowl and spoon. Oh, and an oven.
- 4oz butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 12oz self raising flour
- 8oz brown sugar
- 3 tsp ginger
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3oz all bran
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter and syrup together.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix.
- Add egg to dry ingredients
- Make a well in dry ingredients and egg and pour in butter and syrup mixture.
- Mix until you have a ball of cookie dough.
- Cut into four quarters then roll each quarter into a ball and divide into eight.
- Roll into small balls and place slightly apart onto greased baking tins.
- Bake in (pre-heated) oven at 150 degrees (fan) for about 15 minutes. If normal electric then cook for slightly longer.
- They’ll come out the oven soft but will harden as they cool.